4-Stage Filtration with a Twist
Making RO/DI water is easy with this unit. Simply plumb the unit with the included components and you're ready to make RO/DI water for your aquarium or humidifier. Add a few optional parts and this system is perfect for providing water to a refrigerator dispenser and ice maker. When it's time to replace the cartridges, simply Twist-Out the old cartridges and Twist-In the new ones.
- Stage 1 - 5 Micron Sediment Filter traps particulate matter like dirt, silt and rust.
- Stage 2 - Activated Carbon Block Filter reduces chlorine and conditons water prior to the RO membrane.
- Stage 3 - The RO Membrane removes up to 98% of the Total Dissolved Solids from the water down to 1/10,000 of a micron, reducing arsenic, lead, parasitic cysts, copper and more.
- Stage 4 - The Color Changing Deionization Resin removes the remaining TDS from the membrane-filtered water.
The included Float Valve makes it easy to fill tanks, containers and aquariums automatically. The float can be adjusted as needed. Simply drill a 7/8" hole and install with the included hardware.
Auto Shut-Off Solenoid (ASO)
The included ASO and check valve will shut-off the wastewater line when the filtered water line is stopped. This means the RO/DI unit can be plumbed to a water tap or use the included float valve.
Specialty Plumbing Components
Special 90° Elbows make it easy to customize the installation of this RO/DI unit. This allows the unit to be used with an optional booster pump and/or pressure tank for drinking water applications.
The Membrane is the Heart
The 75 gallon per day membrane is the heart of the system. The membrane removes contaminants from tap water using a special semi-permeable membrane. By applying water pressure across the membrane, contaminants are concentrated on one side of the membrane and filtered water on the other side of the membrane. This is why reverse osmosis units have a wastewater line as well as a filtered line.
When to Replace Cartridges?
- Sediment & Carbon every 3-6 months or 650 gallons of filtered water
- Membrane every 12-24 months or when reduced flow is noticed
- DI Resin when the media inside the cartridge changes to a solid tan color. One cartridge can absorb approximately 1,300 TDS from the water.